Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Bubba Fairy

I'm so behind and so many things have happened. A few months ago, I decided we really need to kick Elinor's bubba (pacifier) to the curb. I think she knew it was coming. She had started becoming so obsessed with it, more than ever before. She wasn't sleeping through the night because she would wake up and couldn't find it.

A friend had told me that the pacifier fairy came to their house. Why hasn't anyone told me about this before?!! I started bringing the fairy up every once in awhile, asking Elinor what she wanted from the fairy. Build a bear! She had been begging for a my little pony build a bear for weeks. How perfect?

 

Finally one night I asked her if she wanted to write the fairy a note. She said yes! I let her write a note and she read out loud "bubba fairy, please take all my bubbas and give them to Sophia and janelles baby. I would like money to go to build a bear. Love Elinor". It was so sweet. We put all the bubbas in a box and left the note out.

 

The next morning she found her empty box and note from the fairy! We headed straight. to the mall. She loved the whole process of building her pinkie pie. She told the worker about her bubbas and how the fairy left her money. At the end she pulled out her $20 and paid for her own pony. She was so proud.

 

Since then she has only half asked for her bubba. She remembered quickly where they went. It was one of the quickest, easiest transitions ever.

Have you ever had to take a pacifier away at some point? How did you do it?

 

8 comments:

  1. I have to admit, my kids rarely used pacifiers, even as babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!!! She looks so happy. You could have even put the Bubbas in the build a bear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a brilliant idea! They think of this stuff AFTER my kids are grown. Oy. Also, does she take a thumb?? (Kidding) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was lucky enough that all three of my kids gave up their pacifiers on their own. Your daughter is so precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying to take away a thumb!! Wish the fairy trick would work for us too :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ours was a similarly easy task too, much more so than I would have expected. We told him that when he turned two it was time to give the pacifiers to the new babies. We washed them all, put them in a bag, and gave them to the baby room teacher at daycare. She played along and made a really big deal about how grateful she was because the new babies really needed those pacifiers. He got a little something from us for doing such a good deed. He only asked for a pacifier once. I reminded him that we had given them to the new babies, and that was that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awh so sweet! She should be proud of herself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet. Very, very sweet.

    ReplyDelete